Mental Health, Nutrition & Medical Resources For Women Over 40
With all the cookbooks, diets, blogs, and apps available today, here are a few resources worth knowing about, exploring or purchasing.
Affordable Healthcare For Women
Healthcare costs are astronomical these days. Whether you have it or not,, more cost effective options are starting to become available. Here are a few resources to explore.
- Gennev -https://genneve.com/ - Online medical support for women regarding menopause.
- Paloma Health -https://www.palomahealth.com/ - Online medical support for women suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Forward Health -https://goforward.com/
- Parsley Health -https://www.parsleyhealth.com/
- HerScan - Breast health in Florida, Georgia, Texas, North Carolina, California, Tennessee, and Rhode Island -https://www.herscan.com
- Oscar Health Insurance -https://www.hioscar.com/
Mental Health Resources
Stress, Anxiety and Depression impact our emotional well-being. Here are a few resources to help you if you need them.
- Oak - Daily Meditation -https://www.oakmeditation.com/
- BetterHelp -http://www.betterhelp.com
- Alpha Medical -https://www.helloalpha.com/membership/
- Therapy For Black Girls-https://therapyforblackgirls.com/
- BEAM -https://www.beam.community/bvtn
- Talkspace -https://www.talkspace.com/
- Mental Health America: https://screening.mhanational.org
Food and Nutrition Apps & Websites
A few meal planning, weight loss and food apps that might help you in your journey.
- Food Monster (For Vegan/Vegetarians) https://www.onegreenplanet.org/foodmonster/
- Lifesum -https://lifesum.com
- Plan To Eat -https://www.plantoeat.com/welcome/
- Fork It-http://www.kitchenbowl.com/forkit
- Thrive Market-http://thrv.me/EJeGiR (affiliate link!)
My most beloved cookbooks. I own physical copies of them all. While they’re available on kindle, you can also find them online (used!) for petty low cost. Buy new copies only if that’s your thing.
- Against All Grain - Danielle Walker
- Salt, Acid, Fat, Heat - Samin Nosrat
- The Herbalist’s Kitchen - Kami McBride
- The Saffron Tales - Yasmin Khan
- Zaitoun: Recipes from the Palestinian Kitchen - Yasmin Khan
- Healing With Whole Foods - Paul Pitchford
- Stay Healthy With The Seasons - Elson M. Haas, Ph.D.
- Thug Kitchen:Eat Like You Give a F*ck- Thug Kitchen, LLC
- Dish Up The Dirt - Andrea Bemis
- Breakfast: Recipes To Wake Up For:George Weld & Evan Hanczor
- My New Roots- Sarah Britton
- The Forest Feast - Erin Gleeson
- Le Pain Quotidien Cookbook - Alain Coumont & Jean-Pierre Gabriel
- Sababa: Fresh, Sunny Flavors From My Israeli Kitchen - Adeena Sussman
Food & Nutrition Books Worth Reading
My most favorite books on nutrition and health. I own physical copies of them all. While they’re available on kindle, you can also find them online (used!) for petty low cost. Buy new copies only if that’s your thing.
- Staying Healthy With Nutrition - Elson M. Haas, Ph.D.
- Eat Real To Heal - Nicolette Nichere
- Quantum Wellness - Kathy Freston
- Whole - T. Collin Campbell, Ph.D.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook - Evelyn Tribole, RND & Elyse Resch, RDN
- Rethinking Thin - Gina Kolata
- Nice Girls Finish Fat - Karen R. Koenig, LCSW, M.Ed.
- Health Food Junkies - Steven Bratman, M.D.
- Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food - Catherine Shanahan, M.D.
- Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness Through Intuitive Eating - Christy Harrison, MPH, RD
- The F*ck It Diet: Eating Should Be Easy - Caroline Dooner
- Health At Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight – Linda Bacon
- The Body Is Not an Apology: The Power of Radical Self-Love - Sonya Renee Taylor